About Us

The club was founded in 1905 and was based in premises located at St. Botolph’s at the end of Queen Street.

In 1928 the Club purchased and moved into its current premises, situated in Colchesters High Street on the corner of Maidenburgh Street, very close to Colchester Castle. The building is Grade Two listed.

Over the years this building has been altered in many areas to incorporate on the ground floor the main lounge bar, Tweedies bar and the kitchen. A major refurbishment of this area was completed in 2004, with a new bar and seating areas. The cellar is beneath the lounge bar.

The snooker room was extended in the 1970’s and has 3 full size match tables.

On the first floor there is the Ken Hadden suite which contains a dance floor, stage, large seating area and a bar. The Committee room is also on this floor.

The second floor contains the Club offices and the Club Managers living accommodation.